PickleHack is your Miner hackathon! Meet other hackers who share your passion and interest in tech and explore and expand your own abilities!
Check in for PickleHack is from 4pm-10pm CST on November 13th, and submissions are due at 6pm CST on November 14th right here on DevPost.
We're looking for your silliest, goofiest, and most out-there hacks for a light hearted break from our current environment. (Almost) anything's fair game, just make sure to have fun with it!
Prizes are distributed in a pick-and-choose manner. The team that wins 1st gets to choose a prize per person from the pool, then the team in 2nd, the team in 3rd, and finally the team that wins Best Beginner.
This team gets first pick from the prize pool: Canon Pixma Printer, JBL Charge, Fitbit Charge 3 (3), JBL Flip 4 (3), InstaX Mini 9 (3), DJI Tello Drone & Phone Holder, Sony Extra Bass Speakers (3), HyperX Cloud II Headset.
This team gets second pick from the prize pool: Canon Pixma Printer, JBL Charge, Fitbit Charge 3 (3), JBL Flip 4 (3), InstaX Mini 9 (3), DJI Tello Drone & Phone Holder, Sony Extra Bass Speakers (3), HyperX Cloud II Headset.
This team gets third pick from the prize pool: Canon Pixma Printer, JBL Charge, Fitbit Charge 3 (3), JBL Flip 4 (3), InstaX Mini 9 (3), DJI Tello Drone & Phone Holder, Sony Extra Bass Speakers (3), HyperX Cloud II Headset.
Best Beginner (2)
These teams have been selected as the best first-time hackathon project and get the final pick from the prize pool: Canon Pixma Printer, JBL Charge, Fitbit Charge 3 (3), JBL Flip 4 (3), InstaX Mini 9 (3), DJI Tello Drone & Phone Holder, Sony Extra Bass Speakers (3), HyperX Cloud II Headset.
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
This hackathon is made by and made exclusively for students of Missouri University of Science and Technology!
In addition to submitting your hack to Devpost by 6:00pm CST Saturday, November 14th, we ask that your team also create and upload a video demonstration of your hack to YouTube that is no longer than 5 minutes, which of course, you must include the link to your YouTube video along with your Devpost submission so that our judges can watch it. This video will essentially serve as time for your team to demonstrate what you all were able to come up with over the course of PickleHack. Essentially, your team should simply pretend that you’re giving a live presentation of your hack. The video demonstration can be made however your team best sees fit, and to help you out, we’ve listed some suggestions of topics to go over in your demo video.
The judges’ assessment of your hack will be determined based on the concept of your hack, its functionality, and the quality of your responses to topics that are covered in your video. Feel free to go over any topics that are listed below or ones that aren’t. This video is meant for your team to have fun and to show off your hard work! Remember, the only hard requirement is that your video cannot be any longer than 5 minutes. Best of luck!
Video Submission Topic Suggestions:
(Note: The following information are suggestions for topics that you may or may not use depending on how you want to make your video. Just make sure your video is no longer than 5 minutes).
- What’s the name of the hack?
- What does your hack do?
- What problem were you trying to solve? / What audience were you curating this for?
- Did you have fun and/or Did you learn something new?
- If you had more time, what would you do to improve upon your hack?
Technical Know How:
- List / say / mention the technologies that you used.
- Show / walkthrough the code.
- Why did you choose the tech stack that you did?
- What was a challenge you faced as you were creating your hack, and how did you overcome it?
- Demonstrate the uniqueness of your hack.
- Why did you decide to build this specific hack? / What was your inspiration?
- Why do you think your hack should win?
How to Submit Your Video:
- Upload your video demo to YouTube by 6:00pm CST Saturday, November 14th.
- File types/video formats accepted on YouTube:
- HEVC (h265)
- Again, please make sure that your YouTube video link is also included in your Devpost submission so that our judges can find it! :)
Please refer to the Requirements heading above to find the judging criteria. We hope you have a fun time hacking and making your video demo! - The PickHacks Team